Saturday, August 22, 2009

A beginning

Why blog?

I have a lot to say.

Like how I love my kids (don’t believe teenagers are awful, who started that rumour anyway?) And how music can move me to tears (Don, are you listening?). How joyful dance can feel. How lovely it is to walk to the farmer’s market and chat with five people I know on the way, in a community where I know shopkeepers by name and can walk to just about everything I need.

And bad stuff, too: let’s talk about the toilet that requires four flushes to do the job, and the girl who got to hand her dad the tools but never learned how to fix things herself (that would be me). Then there are the yawningly empty nights when it’s just me and the dog and – well, and now a blog.

But this will not be a me-fest.

Or at least not entirely. Mostly I hope you will see some little piece of yourself here, that something will resonate and make you say, yes, what she said.

That is what I would like to do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment